Welcome to our Food Safety Leaders course. In this course we go through important aspects of food safety - everything from safe food handling to proper hygiene.
We've created interactive lectures, a detailed guidebook with over one hundred pages and incorporated quizzes at the end of each section to help you learn as you go.
Food Safety Leaders course is approved by Alberta Health and meets section 31 of the AB Food Regulation
- Includes 9 modules (see topics below)
- Each module contains a section of the guidebook, presentation video and practice quizzes
- Access to download our Food Safety Leaders Guidebook
- Accessible 24/7 so you can learn in your pjs if you like
- Ask questions anytime - Michael will answer any of your questions so you have the proper support to succeed
- Exam is available at no extra charge. It can be done virtually or proctored. Students are responsible to find their own proctor if they choose not to do the exam virtually - we can help with that too if needed!
- We want you to succeed! Our course graduates can ask Michael food safety questions anytime - it's like having access to your own Public Health Inspector.
We understand that there are some advantages to learning as a team. This is why we also offer in-class training opportunities for businesses - we got you covered.
Do you have a minimum of 10 staff that you'd like to train together? This course is offered in-person by the instructor and contains the same "government approved" content. It typically takes one full day and includes the exam.
Benefits of team learning:
- Expert instruction by a certified Public Health Inspector
- Ability to ask questions and collaborate with team members
- Bring learning and food safety back to the workplace
- Develops food safety culture and teamwork.
Students will get a printed copy of the guidebook and have the opportunity to take the exam at the end of that day. Passing grade is seventy percent, the same as the online course.
In-class training, expert instruction, printed guidebook, exam and certificate.
Everything you need to get your staff trained.
Oh and it's very affordable!
What our Students have to say about this course:
Easy to follow!
This course is very easy to understand. I would highly recommend it!
I've learned alot from this course and each chapter are well explained by the speaker and the presentation is really good and easy to understant because they already put the pointers in each topic.
Food Safety Leaders Training Course
I can say that this course was to helpful for us food handlers, this was really informative course that everyone should have.The way the facilator facilitate the course was really easy and understandable.
I thought the course was great. I appreciated the reading/ audio/ test component of each module it helped make the info stick. Michael was very responsive to my emails and does a great job. I would definitely recommend this course.
Meet Your Instructor
Working in food safety and Public Health for over a decade, I’ve seen plenty of unfortunate incidents where men, women, parents and children were affected by food-borne illness. Some were mild but others were a parents’ worst nightmare.
I witnessed food businesses destroyed and food business owners devastated.
If it wasn't a food safety incident that destroyed their business, it was the lack of planning or business knowledge that was the knock-out blow. I found that many people, especially new Canadians, started a food business because they can cook - and oh boy can they cook!
The problem is being a good cook doesn't make you a good business owner.
So what does? I've always been interested in answering this question. What works? What doesn’t? What can I learn and what can I share to help others?
It’s what drives me!.
It’s why I devour books, attend at and speak in seminars, teach at Concordia University, why I completed an MBA degree, and a food safety/public health degree and of course food safety and HACCP auditing and inspection.
It's why I started LeanRhino and food safety leaders!
I help people start and run amazing food businesses. Some of them, will change the world!